INTRODUCTION TO SAP HANA
SAP HANA is a data-oriented, relational development management system created and produced by SAP SE enterprise corporation. It is an in-memory management, data-oriented, and relational development management system. SAP HANA’s major job is to manage database applications, store, and retrieve data as needed by businesses. “High performance analytic appliances” is what SAP HANA stands for. The SAP HANA application is made up of both hardware and software components. This module is a data foundation technology that provides high-level data analytics and multi-dimensional data management for data-driven applications. The SAP HANA software is written in the Java and C programming languages.
SAP HANA – Core Architecture: SAP HANA [ sap hana tutorials ]
As we all know SAP HANA, is written in the C and JAVA programming languages and is intended to work on operating systems such as LINUX server enterprise edition 11. Sap HANA is made up of a number of components that work together to conduct a variety of tasks. The Index server, which comprises of a SQL/ MDX processor to handle any type of query statement, is the most significant component of SAP HANA architecture. Name servers, statistics servers, XS engines, and preprocessor servers are all part of the SAP HANA system. All of these servers connect with one another and host a variety of web apps.
The below diagram explains the core components and work nature of the SAP HANA module:
A basic description of the index server
sap hana tutorials
As previously stated, the index server is a critical component of the SAP HANA design. This server is also known as the SAP HANA database system’s brains. The original data and engines to process it are stored on an index server. When paired with SQL and MDX, this form of server handles the complete data request and processes it. A data engine is included in the index server to process all query statements (SQL/MDX). This also contains a persistent layer that is used to test the HANA system’s durability and restore data
In the above diagram, you can see Index server also consists of a session and transaction manager, this is used to manage transactions and keep tracking of them.
The SQL/MDX processor type is in charge of combining SQL/MDX data transactions with data engines in order to conduct various queries. It requests that all segments correct the engine in order to improve performance. This processor type handles all forms of failures as well as data authorization. MDX (multi-dimensional expression) is a query language for OLAP systems such as sequential query language and relational database management systems, sap hana tutorials.
The planning engine is in charge of running the database’s planning activities. To develop logical data execution, the calculation engine translates the data into calculation models. To maximize data processing, the procedure call is executed by the stored processor. The persistent layer is also in charge of ensuring that SAP HANA systems are durable and atomic, as well as managing data and transaction logs for data backup, HANA system setup, and log backups.
Differences between SAP and SAP HANA:
Below are the major differences between SAP and SAP HANA:
sap hana tutorials
1. SAP is an ECC (Enterprise Content Management) corporate enterprise application.
2. Nearly all SAP transaction codes are available in SAP, and data simplification is not an option.
3. It makes it simple to access all of SAP’s functional modules and aids in the creation of real-time data reporting.
4. Provides increased performance, as well as updated transactions in the SAP solution.
5. Perform a database maintenance action after upgrading to ECC6 improvement package 7
1. Assists in the rebuilding of systems to take advantage of the SAP HANA platform’s tremendous simplification.
2. This is a packaged solution with SAP ERP at its core that has been customized for the HANA platform.
3. Assists in the integration and utilization of SAP’s numerous solutions and technologies.
4. Make data easier to understand. This is accomplished by combining the fundamental tables of various processes into a single table.
5. SAP HANA is built with SAP flori to provide a richer user experience and is easily customized using cloud technologies.
SAP HANA Compare to BWA (Business Warehouse Accelerator)
• SAP BW Accelerator: SAP BW Accelerator is an in-memory BW accelerator. BWA is working to improve SAP NetWeaver BW query performance. By maintaining copies of the infocube, BWA is specifically designed to speed up BW queries by minimizing data gathering time.
• SAP HANA: SAP HANA is a high-performance in-memory database and platform for analytic reports and applications. Data from SAP and non-SAP source systems can be loaded into SAP HANA using SLT, BODS, DXC, and Sybase, and viewed using SAP BO/BI, Crystal Reports, and Excel, among other tools.
SAP HANA is currently used as an in-memory database for SAP BW, allowing SAP HANA to increase the overall performance of SAP Net weaver BW.
What are the benefits of SAP HANA Certification?
SAP HANA certification is one of the most effective ways to further your career by demonstrating that you have specialized in one or more SAP modules.
Getting certified in SAP HANA not only increases your earning potential, but it also displays your understanding of the abilities required to be an effective SAP HANA Consultant. The certification attests to your capacity to provide consistent, high-quality products with greater efficiency and flexibility.
SAP HANA Certification Details [sap hana tutorials]:
SAP HANA is a market trending certification in industry business software solutions, which focused on the particular needs of consultants and organizations. Getting SAP Certified is a benchmark in consultant expertise.
Four types of SAP HANA certifications are available:
sap hana tutorials
1. C_HANASUP_1: SAP Certified Support Associate – SAP HANA.
2. C_HANAIMP_1 SAP Certified Application Associate – SAP HANA 1.0
3. C_HANATEC_1 SAP Certified Technology Associate – SAP HANA 1.0
4. P_HANAIMP_1 SAP Certified Application Professional – SAP HANA 1.0
Business use cases for the HANA platform, loading data into the HANA database, modelling and creating views on basic tables to obtain meaning from the data, creating reports using various tools such as SAP Business Objects tools on these created views, ensuring the quality of these reports, user management, security, and data access privileges are all covered in the SAP HANA Certification Test.
What are the types of certifications available?
SAP HANA Certification varies depending on the field you want to work in. Please check the below certification levels as per your requirement.
C_HANATEC151: SAP Certified Technology Associate – SAP HANA.
This is the most popular certification, and it assesses your understanding of HANA’s introduction, modelling, data provisioning, reporting, security, and advanced analytics.
C_HANAIMP151: SAP Certified Application Associate – SAP HANA.
sap hana tutorials
As of now, there is no certification from SAP for this area. Below is the only course provided by SAP for Application Developers.
HA450: Application Development for SAP HANA.
SAP BW (Business Warehouse) on HANA:
There is currently no SAP certification in this field. SAP only offers one course for Application Developers.
E_HANABW151: SAP Certified Application Specialist – SAP BW on SAP HANA
For more details & understanding, you can join with Asha24.com trainings. Hope this blog has helped!